- Tackling Unstructured Problems (Bowland-Malcolm Swann)
- MEI Problem Solving Guide – A guide for teachers
- Improving Learning in Mathematics (Standards Unit Box)
- ATM – What Makes a Rich Task?
- What’s in a Task? – Generating Mathematically Rich Activity
- NRICH – Teaching Secondary Mathematics Using NRICH Resources
- NRICH – What We Think and Why We Think it
- NRICH – Using Low Threshold, High Ceiling Tasks in Ordinary Classrooms
- Bowland Maths – 7 CPD Modules
- 100 Questions – Question Styles that Promote Mathematical Discourse – prompts for pupils to use when problem solving
Yorkshire Ridings Maths Hub Resources
I am have previously worked as a Problem Solving Ambassador for my local Maths Hub. As part of the role I helped local teachers to plan more problem solving lessons, by providing them with resources and suggestions of ways to overcome potential barriers. The resources below are meant to facilitate problem solving lessons, providing scaffolding for pupils who need help getting started.
Photo accessed from Resourceaholic on 1.2.16.