Still in development – please send resource suggestions/articles/books etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yorkshire Ridings Maths Hub Resources
I am currently working as a Problem Solving Ambassador for my local Maths Hub. As part of the role I will be meeting with local teachers in March and helping them to plan more problem solving lessons, by providing them with resources and suggestions of ways to overcome potential barriers. The resources below are meant to facilitate problem solving lessons, providing scaffolding for pupils who need help getting started.
- Problem Solving Bookmark – Colour
- Problem Solving Bookmark
- Problem Solving Hints
- Problem Solving Cards for Classroom Display – Aimed at KS2
- Tackling Unstructured Problems (Bowland-Malcolm Swann)
- Improving Learning in Mathematics (Standards Unit Box)
- I Can Solve Problems 5-14 – KS2/3
- Maths Eyes Resource Pack – KS2
- ATM – What Makes a Rich Task?
- Solve My Maths – Taking Back the F-Word
- What’s in a Task? – Generating Mathematically Rich Activity
- NRICH – Using Low Threshold, High Ceiling Tasks in Ordinary Classrooms
- Bowland Maths – 7 Professional Development Modules
- 100 Questions – Question Styles that Promote Mathematical Discourse
Photo accessed from Resourceaholic on 1.2.16.